Friday 21 September 2007

Keepsake Boards........

This card is made using the Majestic Embossing Board from Keepsake Cards and one of the long Embossing Plates.


I started with a piece of A4 shimmery cardstock in white and scored it like a gate fold card but just made the left hand side a touch wider. I glued a pale green insert for the inside which I stamped a sentiment.

I used some patterned vellum on the left hand side and cut all the corners with a wrought iron corner punch. After glueing the vellum I used one of the embossing plates and dry embossed the swirl pattern down the right hand side of the card. I did the same again on another piece of white shimmery card and cut it down to fit on the left hand side under the flower topper.






This photo shows all the different layers of the centre piece.

I first embossed the large scalloped oval from the board in pale green and edged it with frosted lace stickles glue. Then I embossed the next oval in the patterned paper and glued this to the scalloped oval and added some peel off's. Next I embossed the smaller wavy oval and cut out the centre of it. I stamped the image, Gibson Girl, on acetate then layered this behind the cutout oval. I layered all the layers together and added some more frosted lace stickles.














This show a close up on the dry embossing. You can emboss dark card, mirror board, glitter board any really, but works so well on pearlescent card as the impression is so good.








This is the pattern on the embossing plates. You lay the card colour side down if you are using pearlescent card backed with white and use a 6mm ball embossing tool you follow the indents. You can even slip and go out of the grooves, it doesn't matter as it doesn't show on the other side.

Check back tomorrow for a cut out flower using the majestic board.

I will be logging back on sometime after 9am to pick the winner of the BLOG Candy!!!!!

Jenny :-) xx

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hi jenny

You have done quite a few of these cards in the past but I think this is the nicest as it looks so elegant and the colours so delicate. Will log on again later to see the results.
Mary xx

Michele Kovack said...

This is breathtaking! WOW! I love this card!

Sharon in NE said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad I decided to go back and see what I've been missing on your blog. (Sorry. I got behind in my perusing) This is so beautiful! Incredible work!

Gabby said...

Love this card and the Gibson Girl looks fantastic!!! I have that same Gibson Girl and haven't used her in a looong time! Time to break her out for a quick case! ;) P.S. Sonya sent me to your blog and I'm glad she did! You have gorgeous work! Do you like to swap? I have a group if you're interested! The link is on my blog...Confessions Of A Stamper.

 
09 10