Tuesday 22 April 2008

CC163 Colour Combination Challenge......

Happy Tuesday! This is the Colour Combination today, over at Splitcoaststampers, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery....

I started off with Chocolate Chip and made a 14cm square card. Then I stamped a piece of Certainly Celery with the Canvas Background stamp and the tiny flower from the Simply Said stamp set. I added some Certainly Celery DP to the bottom and pricked all along the edge on the bottom, the white taffeta ribbon was then added and all was taped to the basecard.

I cut a circle out and went around the half of it with the Corner Rounder and then ran it through my Big Shot with the Divine Swirl cuttlebug embossing folder. I added a couple of vintage brads to the corners.

Next I stamped the Swirly Flower Spray from the Simply Said stampset in Chocolate Chip on a piece of whisper white. To make the flowers I stamped the 3 flowers (one stamp) from the Three for You Punch Box and used the Punch from the Box set to punch out the flowers. I embossed them see photos below:- and added some tiny pearls. I stamped the sentiment and friend in Chocolate chip and also used the Round tab punch to cut out the word Friend. I layered this up on some more cardstock, then added some 3D foam pads.


To Emboss the flowers. Punch out the 3 flowers as shown, then leave them in the punch, squeeze the handle of the punch so that the inside come up a bit and then use an Embossing Tool to emboss in the middle and the flower creases up like a prima flower. Monica's Blog has a link to another Blog showing how to make Prima Flowers from Nestabilities - Cool idea - Pop over to Monica's Blog for details.

Hope you get to play this Tuesday,
Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

6 comments:

Mikaela Titheridge said...

What a truly pretty card. I love the layering of the flowers and the colours. Looking forward to giving this one a try soon. Hugs Mikaela x

Denise said...

Beautiful card,I love the colors.

Tara said...

cute card...love the added flowers and the pearls! great job with the challenge!

Anonymous said...

This is an incredible idea!!! And I have that punch! Yeah!!! I love your colors. Thank you for sharing! You always have such great ideas that inspire me!

Tiya-B said...

great card, thanks for the demo!

Mary said...

Fantastic Card and love the colours. How you come up with these super ideas are beyond me. Keep up the good work.
Mary xxx

 
09 10