Tuesday 29 April 2008

Suspension Cards......

I took these cards to Craft Club last night as I am taking over Janette's Demo on Suspension Cards as she will be unable to make it.....This first one is using the Carte Postale stamp set and French Flair background stamp. The base cardstock is Pale Plum. I stamped the French Flair background in Perfect Plum ink and went around the image with a white gel pen.

Next, I took a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock and punched out a 1 3/8 circle and did the same on a piece of Pale Plum cardstock. On the Pale Plum cardstock I went back over the hole with the scallop circle punch to make the scallop frame. I glued this to the piece of Perfect Plum cardstock. I added some dots in the scallops with a white gel pen. Next I punched out 2 1 1/4 circes, 1 in Pale Plum and 1 in Perfect Plum. On the pale plum I added the flower from the Carte Postale stamp set, and the Perfect Plum I added a sentiment from the circle of friendship stamp set, both were punched out using the 1" circle punch. To assemble:- Turn over the Perfect Plum layer that will go on the front of the card and add your glue or double sided tape etc and then I used a piece of Dental Floss (or cotton) to go down the middle of the circle. Then I added the 1 1/4 circles with the images on, to either side of the Dental Floss, therefore the Dental Floss is sandwiched between the two circles. Now attach this to the front of your card!!!! Card finished.....
This shows a close up of the Suspended circles that spin around. If you twist the circle around and around then hold it down when you put it in the envelope, when the lucky person pulls out the card the Circles will spin around showing both sides......Good Hey!
This is the back view, Got to love those Circle of Friendship stamps, and the 1" circle punch, punches them out perfectly.....
This was another sample I showed, using the Lovely as a Tree stamp set. The base cardstock is Always Artichoke which I stamped over the top half with the tiny cones. I added did the same as above but used Winter Green designer paper with the Dental Floss and the 1 3/8 circle punch. I used the Circle of Friendship stamp set again and added some Certainly Celery ribbon. I inked the Tree with my SU Marker pens using Chocolate chip, Old Olive and Always Artichoke and layered it up on Always Artichoke and some Chocolate chip.

I have just had a look at the Try a Technique and its a really cool 2 way opening card, so I'm off to make one of those today after I have completed all my book work.

Hope you have a nice day what ever you are up to!
Jenny:-)xx

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely cards Jenny, I like you used the gel pen round the swirl design makes it stand out.

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards Jenny as always. Love the effect with the gel pen
:-)

Mary said...

Yes, they are really lovely cards. We appreciate it very much that you brought them in on Club night for us to see and look forward to making one next time. It is so much easier to see the card we are making on the next club night so we know what sort of card/accessories to bring in when you are demonstrating it for us to do. Thanks Jenny.
Mary xxx

Shy said...

Love these. That gel pen sure can spice up a card.

 
09 10