Tuesday 1 April 2008

Spring into April with Some Happy Thougts.....


This card is Lavendar Lace cardstock for the Base card, then a piece of whisper white which I ran embossed with the Swiss Dots cuttlebug embossing folder. The next layer is Bashful Blue and a piece of Cutie Pie Designer Paper, I stamped the sentiment at the bottom 'Sending Happy Thoughts'. I used my nestabilities to cut the scallop and straight edge squares of Bashful Blue and whisper white. I stamped the Dotty Square first then layed the nestability die over it to get it in the centre. The large flower was cut out and stamped again with just the centre cut out. I added a Bashful Blue Brad in the centre.



I added some colour to the plain white ribbon from Stampin Up with the SU markers. There is a natural edge to the ribbon and I just followed it down with the thin end of the marker.

7 comments:

Janette said...

Oooh lovely lovely cards....can you bring tomorrow night please ??
Thanks
Janette x

Christine said...

Fab cards Jenny, you are so talented. I'm so sorry I can't make club anymore - but I must have a try of these layouts, thank you for the idea :-)

Need More Time to Craft said...

Jenny....Love your idea with the ribbon. Cards look fab. Wasn't going to order this set, but now seeing what you have done, I might have just changed my mind....
Keep up the good work.

Carole X

Amanda said...

Fab cards as always Jen. MY kit arrived a few minutes ago, off to play.

Amanda

www.ajpapercraft@blogspot.com

Hey Hey Paula said...

Love these cards, especially the colors. Thanks for the idea with the ribbon. Very clever. I enjoy visiting your blog. TFS

Mary said...

These cards are absolutely great. I watched Jenny make them AND CUTTING THE FLOWERS OUT they really are a work of art. How she did the ribbon was fantastic, I wonder how many reels I would have to get through to end up like that??? No seriously she did make it look easy and I will try it.
Mary xxx

Jo said...

Beautiful cards Jenny :)

 
09 10