Wednesday 30 April 2008

Roses in Winter SC174

The card sketch layout was out early today, so I decided to go with that for the first card. I treated myself to Roses in Winter stampset and it came yesterday - Cor! How on earth did It take me so long to buy this one? Its beautiful and fantastic to work with, If you have a workshop booked with me this month - I will be Demonstrating this stampset......

The base cardstock for both cards is Sage Shadow. Half a sheet of A4, scored it 3cm and then cut away 1.5cm and folded the front part back. I stamped the Canvas Background stamp in Sage Shadow and went over it with the leaves from the Roses in Winter stamp set. I used the Petite Scallop circles and the large Standard circles nestabilities. The flowers come in 3 sizes, I stamped the large one in Pretty in Pink, then the next one in Regal Rose and then the little centre in Rose Red. I added some leaves in Sage Shadow. The Regal Rose ribbon was added to the folded section held in place by some rhinestone brads from the Pretties Kit. For the inside I used the En Francais background stamp, in Regal Rose stamped on Pretty in Pink cardstock. The sentiment is Sincere Salutations......
Yet again the base is Sage Shadow, the other half of A4 cardstock...

I ran a piece of Sage Shadow through the big shot with the Script embossing folder from cuttlebug. Then I stamped the En Francais on Pretty in Pink this time with Versamark ink, I like this paler look...

I added some brads, on top of 1/4 circles of Regal Rose and layered this onto some whisper white. The pretty in pink taffeta and pink gingham was then added and tied in a knot to the right. I added an Oval with the same Rose design to finish off...

I made these with one eye on the Garden this morning as last night my Hubbie saw a RAT in our garden!!!!!!! I ran out there with Sid and we both ran straight back in! Hee! I thought Border Terriers were meant to be Rat Catchers...... This is the first time I have seen a Rat and we live backed onto Heathland, we've had Adders in the Garden which is another story altogether.....2 stories actually.

I was making these cards so quickley, then I heard tap, tap, tap.....My heart was in my mouth I can tell you.... Only Pigeons on the roof of the Garage running up and down. Well I think that was enough for today so I have come inside!
Until next time,
Thanks for looking,
Jenn:-)xx

3 comments:

nessy said...

what a stuning card , jenny!! it stamps up great!! so many lovely stamps!!
vanessa xx
don`t send that rat our way!!!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that gathered ribbon with the brads ... fabulous cards.

Memories of Time said...

Hi Jenny girl... just wanted to pop in and see the awesome things you are up to. :) LOVE it all as usual!

 
09 10