Sunday 3 July 2011

New Allotment.....

This is our New Council Allotment - finally of being on the waiting list for over 5 years, we have this little piece of growing space. We are so excited, we have been up there this weekend. This is the shed, it is huge! My husband LOVES it. Well I thought I would give it a coat of paint. I went for Marina Mist hee hee..... I'll show you when its finished. All it needs is some Gingham Curtains! Not sure i will be allowed up there anymore.....

I was telling you the other day about the Rat Hole - Well its NOT a Rat but a Lovely Fox! When we went up there last night to do some more painting, he was sun bathing on our plot. He looks very clean, he got up and walked off and then I saw him spying on me through some long grasses! How cute.

This is his home - I think he was doing some re arranging as the hole was even bigger today.
Our Uncle gave us some Gerkin seeds a few months back and now we have these little fellas!
We have been watching some ladybirds forming, this is what they look like just before the wings start to form.
We picked our garlic last week, Look how many we have. These are the babies from our ones we grew last year.
Look at the size of the Sage plant! It's the ladybirds keeping it healthy by eating all the bugs.
Back to cards tomorrow.

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

You are going to busy with that allotment - gingham curtains would be great!!

Unknown said...

Definitely Bashful Blue Jenny! LOL
Gingham curtains are a MUST and patterned wellies too!

Elizabeth said...

Fabby pics Jenny - looking forward to seeing photos of the Marina Mist shed. :)

Maria said...

Fantastic news on finally getting your allotment Jenny after such a long wait. I love the shed and cannot wait to see the decorated version...........perhaps you need a little table outside selling little gardening themed cards packs.....or how about little decorated seed packets for other allotment owners to pop their sedds into.....could be a lovely little sideline for you to do whilst sitting and watching hubby digging it over lol

Emma Fewkes said...

Your post today gave me pangs ~ they don't have allotments over here in Michigan ... so to see your dear little shed and patch of earth made me homesick! It's wonderful, Jenny, and your own fox too ... so envious :) Happy gardening (but don't forget to stamp too of course!).

Dawn said...

With all that garlic don't breath on me next time you see me Jenny hee hee.
Are you going to pickle your gherkins?

 
09 10