Thursday 11 June 2009

Stampin Up Banner.....and Blog Candy Winner.


Hee! Hee! Look what I made last night. You must know by now, How Much I LOVE Stampin Up! I was visiting Atomicbutterfly's Blog yesterday and She had made a Lovely Banner for her home. I have brought a couple of bigger notice boards for my room and I am in the process of decorating them with up to date card's I have made. So when I saw that beautiful banner, I just had to make one......Hee!

They are 4" x 6" pieces of designer paper flags, backed onto 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" whisper white layers. The papers are the new Washington Apple ones in the Mini Catalogue. For the actual flag part, you need to mark where the 2" is along the 4" side and cut at an angle along the 6" side. The cutter is brilliant for this. I then layered this onto the whisper white layer to make it stronger.

The pleated circles are also on Atomicbutterflys blog. I used 1 1/2" x 12" for mine, which make a 3" circle. I used my Scor-pal to do the score lines. I first scored along the piece of designer paper at every 1/2" and then moved the piece to the 1/4" line on the left hand side of the Scor-pal, then scored along the 1/2" marks. You end up with the paper scored at every 1/4". You fold up as normal for a pleat and glue the ends together. I used a foam pad to keep them in place flat until I was ready to glue them in place.

The letters are the Stampin UP Chipboard ones coloured with the Ruby Red Marker. This was glued onto the Scallop circles.

Right then I also did the Blog Candy Winner for the FREE USTAMP PASS FROM DAWN.

Random Org Picked......

VIV

So Congratulations Viv....Email Me and I will put you in touch with Dawn.

Just wanted to say a Big Thank You for all of you who kindly left me a Message, they really do make my day,

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

4 comments:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wonderful Banner. Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks too for the details. I'll have to give this one a try!

Hugs and blessings from a sister demo - Jean

Unknown said...

Thank you Random.org and Jenny!!! How chuffed am I to win this brilliant prize!I stumble along hoping I'm 'getting it', but to be able to to join a class and do things right and with SU stuff, is fantastic!! Whoo hoo!
(Love the bannner).
Viv xxx

Janette said...

The banner looked great in real life !!
Hugs
Janette

Mary said...

Congratulations Viv on winning the blog candy.

I just loved the banner, and as Janette says it looks better in 'real life', the colours are super

Mary xxx.

 
09 10