Friday 13 March 2009

Soft Summer........

I was so excited to receive my new Stamp Sets the other day! I waited for the DHL Lady to arrive all day, Boy! All the Ironing got done and Cleaned right through while I was waiting - She Came at 4 o'clock!!! I have finished mounting all the stamp sets now - So Much Quicker with the Die Cut ones. I still do check the amount of rubber on the edges though and loop it off if I think it will catch me out! Those Scissors are great....

Well - After my play with the Playful Petals, I just didn't know what set to use next, so I went for the one which was on the top - Soft Summer. I don't mind telling you, I was worried about using this set, as its a Double Mounted Stamp Set, ie You have one block of wood and You have to put a stamp on either side. Its also a 2 step stamping stamp set which I love. Stamp a Ma Jig comes in very useful for these sort of sets....

I shouldn't off worried though, as it stamped with ease and the flowers cut out easy as well. So I was a happy Bunny! I started by colouring the rubber of the outline flower, I used Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Real Red - Huffed a bit on the back and stamped it onto Whisper White. I then coloured it in with Mellow Moss, Regal Rose and Close to Cocoa.
I stamped the flowers twice and curled up the petals before I popped them up. I used a nestie to cut out the stamped image. A Scallop Real Red nestie was added behind the main image.

The next stamp set I used and I just know this will be popping up on alot of cards and boxes, Was the Oval All stamp set. Stampin Up! have so kindly (Thank You Stampin Up!) given us the Large Oval and the New Scallop Oval Punch to use with this Stamp Set. WoW!!!! Did I just say WoW! I love all my punches and I just had space for these two Beauties.

Sorry just had a mad 5 Minutes there! Got to LOVE the Punches!
I used the Markers to colour in, Might try the Pastels next - Who Knows?

This is the inside of the card to finish off.

Well My day is all mapped out with non Crafting:-(

But will be back tomorrow,
Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Love the stamps... perhaps I need to add these to my wishlist.

Can I ask what size the card is please - it looks quite large, but maybe thats just the way the photo is taken?

Stamping Moments said...

Its half a sheet of A4 folded in half. Normal size card, Just the angle. xx

Jose said...

I do love that card... and the stamp set too... Oh dear I have just posted my order to you, it will go on my wish list for later. Jose xx

nessy said...

beautiful card jenny ~ so glad you had time for house work before playing with your new stamps!!
how are you ~sorry not popped round for a while
vanessa xx

Mary said...

What a lovely way you used this stamp set. It is really pretty. Good job I have it on my 'Wish List'. I am so glad the mini catalogue is valid from 1 April until 30 September as it gives me a chance to get all the stamp sets I want/need in the 6 months. That's why I joined both your Stamping 6 and Stamping 10.
Mary xxx

Denise said...

Very beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Très jolie carte

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Jenny with the inside as gorgeous as the outside.
Viv xx

shulsart said...

Beautiful card, love the softness of the flowers.

Pat S. said...

Simply stunning!

Rosie said...

More very beautiful work with the super new stamps!
Thanks for sharing what you do with them.

 
09 10