Wednesday 25 February 2009

Two Little Butterflies......

These are actually Chipboard Butterflies. I haven't really used Chipboard before so its as New to me as maybe some of you. I coloured the edges of the butterflies first with white stazon ink. Then I traced around the butterflies on whisper white textured cardstock. I cut out the butterflies and stamped the Pocket Silhouettes flower in Old Olive over one side. Next I glued on the cardstock to the Butterfly chipboard and rubbed the edges with a sanding block. I think the long nail files do a good job in getting into tiny areas, will have to slip one in with my shopping at the weekend!!!

When you sand down the edges, they become sort of shabby chic! I added a couple of buttons and linen thread to the centre of the butterflies to finish.
I used some circle nesties in So Saffron, Old Olive (textured cardstock) to lay the butterflies on. The papers are So Saffron and Old Olive. Its very fresh looking and the sentiment stands out in the whisper white.
The Ribbon tag was used to cut out the sentiment, which is from Wow Flowers stamp set. Some gorgeous White Taffeta ribbon was wrapped around the layers and finished with a knot.

There is another Special Offer for March - More Later......

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

9 comments:

Aquarius said...

Very pretty card - will be watching out for the March special offer!!

Val W

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Love the card Jenny! so delicate and prety :-)

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Ruth Norton said...

Gorgeous! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Fiorella said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love those butterflies.

Vikki said...

What a beautiful card Jenny.

Anonymous said...

How did you make the tag you printed the words on? Its really lovely. Is it from a sheet of die cuts or a punch, or maybe a cutting plate. Thanks Lynne

Stamping Moments said...

Hi Linda,

I did the sentiment on a Nestability Ribbon Die,

You can get them from

Once Upon a Stamp.co.k

Hope this helps.

They have brad ones as well. Lovely

Sarah said...

Great cards as ever, I think the special offer in March is chipboard, please could you enter mein your draw. thanks,

 
09 10