Friday 13 February 2009

Live Your Dream.......

We made this card yesterday at our Girlie get together.
The Stamp set is Live Your Dream and I just love the tall flowers. I used Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Sage Shadow cardstock. The embossed part is the distressed stripes cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations. I stamped the Pale Plum textured cardstock with the En Francais Background stamp and went over the top with the tiny butterfly in Perfect Plum. I then added the embossed piece of Sage Shadow to a piece of Perfect Plum. The scallop edge punch was used to make the bottom scallops and a stay put knot was added using the white grosgrain. The SU Markers were used the colour the rubber stamp and then I huffed (Hee!) and stamped it on Whisper white. I'm not telling my hubbie you ink it and huff on it, he will come up with a Theme Tune, teach my boys it and then I will never here the end of it!!! :-)
I played around with this card, while I had the colours out. I was trying to reproduce the scallop notes using the nesties, but they are a touch too small. I'm not really happy with the marks on the acetate, Anyone got any good ideas on How to keep acetate clean??? Let me know please.
This is the inside of the first card.

Anyway, I am determined that I won't be ironing all Half Term next week, so I am off to get that done now.

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)

PS Did you see the Competition on Page 71 in the Craft Stamper Magazine. You can enter a card and try and WIN £70 WORTH OF STAMPIN UP! PRODUCTS........
Give it a Try!

11 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Lovely Jenny, really smashing - sorry no handy hint for keeping acetate clear x

Stephanie said...

Absolutely beautiful Jenny x

Hayley said...

WOW! Gorgeous cards.

Sam said...

Gorgeous cards Jenny. Acetate I've got has sheets of paper in between that helps to keep it clean and reduces scratches before you use it.
Sam x

Ann Wills said...

Lovely cards Jenny, I find that if I rub the acetate with the dusting pouch, the one to take the grease etc off before you emboss, it helps take away some of the static

Michele Kovack said...

These are gorgeous!!! Love the round card especially!

Unknown said...

What pretty cards Jenny. Beautiful choice of colours and the designs are perfect.
Happy Saturday!
Viv xx

Carolynne H said...

Jenny, I have an award for your lovely blog on my site... Please pop over to collect it.
Happy Valentines Day
Hugs
Carolynne H

Karen said...

Hi Jenny - absolutely lovely as usual. I keep my acetate (and everything else..........) clean by using Iso-Propyl Alcohol which is called rubbing alcohol in the US. It's great for cleaning glass, scissors and absolutely everything. Just put in a spray bottle, lightly spray the item and buff up with kitchen towel. I get mine from eBay. If you email me I will try to find the link for you.

Karen x
marberryhouse@googlemail.com

Mary said...

Yes this was a lovely card to make and we had a super time getting back together on Thursday. I love the round card as well - will have to see this next time I'm round your house Jenny.
Mary xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are so beautiful!!!

 
09 10