Thursday 4 December 2008

2009 Calendar......

For the last couple of years I and the Addicted Ladies have made a Calendar. We usually take it in turns and do 3 months each and then at Christmas time, Sharon Binds it all for us. We don't know where this year has gone and No Calendar pages have been done, so I found this calendar while blog hopping and thats what I was up late last night making....

Its very similiar to a Calendar I made last New Year but joined the top with keyrings. This was much quicker (Although I didn't get to bed until 11pm and thats late for me:-)). I found the Calendar idea on Cambrias Blog and then she had a link to the one she cased, so I followed that link to Nancy's Blog where she used the Trees for all Seasons and I had been stamping these Trees on Monday Night at Craft Club - so I thought I would case Nancy's and add a few extra touches. Her Calendar was just what I was looking for and I really enjoyed making it. I didn't follow the measurements, as when I printed off the Calendar it wouldn't fit, so my one is 16cm x 28cm folded in half. I used the Stampin Up Basic Black cardstock 12 x 12 and the extra was used to go under the calendar part.....So no wastage.
For the first 3 months - Winter - I used Bashful Blue, Bashful Blue paper, Whisper White and the Best Wishes and More stamp for the Snowflake. The snowflake is a punch by EK Success.
I used So Saffron for the next 3 months. One of a Kind and Boho Blossum punch for the flowers. I cut a scallop square in half for the corners and added Regal Rose brads to the centre of the big flowers.
Old Olive reared her head again for the next 3 months and I added some felt flowers with So Saffron brads for the centre. I attached them with glue dots.
The last 3 months was Pumpkin Pie and more felt flowers with rhinestone brads for the centre.
You can see the eyelets at the bottom of the pages, 2 at the bottom front and 2 at the back. Thread some ribbon through all 4 and tie a knot and this makes the Calendar Stand up. Its very solided with all the layers, so it will last all year without falling apart!!!

You can find the Calendar Dates here - Thanks to Nancy and Cambrias Blog Posts.

Have a go......

Thanks for looking,
Jenny :-)xx

11 comments:

Janette said...

Thanks Jenny, it was gorgeous in real life....it will look lovely on my new desk....
Thanks
Hugs
Janette x

Anonymous said...

What a great gift idea!! (for next year lol) I love it, it would be a great gift for teachers. thanks so much for sharing. ~HUGS~ Renee

Fiorella said...

sNice Jenny!!!! I've just come back home and checked your blog...how many nice workarts!!!! Thanks a lot.

Mary said...

I too was honoured with one of these. Thank you so much Jenny it was super, uhhh I wish I had as much talent as you but there.
Mary xxxx

Maria said...

Hi Jenny
Yet another lovely project, thank you for sharing.

Guess who was then up til gone 1am making one for herself ?

I just cannot believe how quick they are to make, perfect for those last minute pressies.

Hugs
Maria

Rhonda Kelly said...

These are fabulous, you did a wonderful job. I saw those on Cammie's blog and loved them as well.
Thanks for sharing your creation!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, I love how you used the stamp "A tree for all seasons" :-)

Anonymous said...

your calendars are beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous gift.

Unknown said...

This is soooo pretty! You did a great job! Happy Holidays, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Love your calendars!! Did you have a special template for the bookmark calendar? Please advise. Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Kathy ... Stamping in Michigan

 
09 10