Monday 13 October 2008

Ric Rac & A Different Border

To make Ric Rac Ribbon from cardstock, Start by punching a complete border of scallops. Take out of the punch and use your cutter to cut a strip 7/8" wide.
Put this strip back in the punch, on the straight side, you can start where you like. As I slid it in the punch for the first cut, I laid it so the scallops already punched were not lined up, the first punch you can't see any silver showing. After you have punched once you can use the black markings on the punch, I found the long notches came in the centre of the top row of scallops I had already punched, therefore positioning the next roll in the middle of them, Therefore forming a Ric Rac affect. Just have a play........
Do You remember how to make a Different Scallop with the Scallop Circle Punch? Well you can use the NEW Scallop Border Punch to make a Borde to Match. Punch the scallops once.
I use the Punch upside down to do this. Go back over the scallops so that you have the red scallops showing and when you punch you will end up with the different border to match the Scallop Circle one.
You join it up just like I said above.

No comments:

 
09 10