Sunday 12 October 2008

Buckle Cards using the New Scallop Punch

It is so misty here, We back onto Heathland and this morning, we took Sid for a lovely long walk. There were so many Spiderwebs all over the bushes, I took a photo and I will upload it later.

Back to this card, Buckle cards are normally done with the Word Window punch, but as we don't have this yet in the UK Stampin' UP! Catalogue, I was playing with the Fantastic NEW Scallop Punch and found that this worked just as well, maybe more pretty!


You can see where I used the punch in this photo. By just positioning it about 1.5" up from the bottom. I cut off 1 1/4" off the normal card size and measured the gap the scallop punch leaves to get the Buckle piece of cardstock. The colours are Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red. I cuttlebugged the edge with an embossing folder and tucked the buckle in before removing the double sided tape. You can find the normal instructions on Splitcoast stampers, where they use the Word Window punch.
I added a hodgepodge ribbon buckle and some Chocolate Chip Ribbon to Buckle cardstock to finish.
I have done a few photos of how to use the Scallop Punch and I will upload them tomorrow for my Monday Punch Ideas.....

Hope you all have a nice Sunday,

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

10 comments:

Emma said...

This is such a great use of the punch. Again you are the fountain of knowledege OB1

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and creative card !!

Mary said...

Lovely, lovely card and what a good idea to use the scallop punch and so pretty as well.I like that One of a kind stamp set so must try this sometime.
Mary xxx

Fiorella said...

Great idea!| Love it, thank you !

Kate Lewis said...

Thanks for the comment Jen! Pretty new to this blogging lark!!! I'm waiting for my SU! goodies to arrive so I can get some SU projects going! Could you tell me how I access your downline blog? Love this card btw, such a good idea - let's hope we get the Word Window punch next year!!

Jamee said...

i love the pink and brown together

Eileen said...

Lovely card Jen - as your cards always are!
luv
eileen

Rhonda Kelly said...

Fabulous card! I love it. Great idea and use for the new punch! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations!

craftsbyjodi said...

beautiful card once again!!! I love these colours together!! It's the them colours of my craft room :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, and how cool to use the scallop border punch for the enclosure! Awesome! I'll have to remember that one...

 
09 10