Thursday 4 September 2008

Tutorial Thursday - Making a Ribbon Flower


I saw this technique ages ago on splitcoast stampers site, so I thought I would show you how to do it. You can see Chats Lovely card over on her blog, pop over and check out her beautiful cards.

The cardstock for my card are Basic Gray, Rose Red, Regal Rose and whisper white. The ink is Rose Red and versamark. I used silver brads and the oval frame from the Hodge Podge Kit - which unfortunately is on the Retired List so if you need that Email Me asap before all the stock goes.

I used Grey Taffeta ribbon on the flower, it threads through the holes so easy and a rhinestone brad from the Pretties Kit. I stamped a border on the insert with the leaves and also as a background on the Rose Red layers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Jen. Scrummy card, and great tutorial. You are a constant inspiration. Peta

Pat S. said...

Simply gorgeous!
I can't wait to try it on a birthday card for a special friend.
Thank you so much for writing up the tutorial!

Maria said...

Hi Jenny
Gorgeous card as always. I have not seen this technique before. I am going to try it using In the Spotlight set.

Thank you for sharing.

Rhonda Kelly said...

WOW~ Jen, this is fabulous. I have not seen this before. I keep seeing so many great things coming from you. Thanks for sharing the tutorial, it is very beautiful.

wintersparkle said...

just been blog hopping and come across your blog you are an inspiration love your ideas and colour schemes keep up the good work im going to add you to my blog list xx

 
09 10