Saturday 27 September 2008

Saturday Sketches......

Morning Everyone! Trying to catch up with my blogs posts.... Can't believe it is Saturday already - Where has the last week gone?

I am using Beates Sketch again for this Saturday - Love all her layouts actually, they are very easy to work with. Pop over to Beates Blog for tons of Inspiration.

I used the Season of Joy stamp set (Yes I know Again you say!). I just wanted to show you that it doesn't have to be a Christmas set alone.
The Base card is Close to Cocoa, then some Close to Cocoa designer paper. The strips are Pretty in Pink 3.5" x 1.5", then some whisper white a touch smaller. I stamped the swirl in Close to Cocoa and then went all over with the tiny poinsetta flower in Pretty in Pink. I stamped 3 flowers in Pretty in Pink and cut them out. Three vintage brads were added to the centre of each one - The vintage brads go so well with Close to Cocoa card/papers.
The scallop circle is Close to Cocoa, then 1 3/8 circle in Pretty in Pink. The sentiment is Basic Phrases. I added an insert which I also attached a strip of designer paper to the inside.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, We are taking the boys to the Threatre for the first time to see a Play, Hope they like it.

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, super interpretation of Beate's sketch and shows so well how versatile the set can be if one can think outside the box. Whi ch you can so well. Brill card. Hugs Peta x

Maria said...

WOW Jenny this is gorgeous.

I have a real passion for these colours together and your card is stunning. I too am loving the versatility of the swirl and tiny flower in Season of Joy set.

I love hoiw you have interpreted Beates sketch.

Emma said...

Love the use of this set, just got my catalogue and I will be definetly geeting this set. Love your work as always. TFS x

Mary said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I love this card and I love this sketch. As Peta says - you CAN think outside of the box - always. I'm going to pinch your idea to make this card for a friend. Fantastic card, especially as you have chosen a Christmassy stamp set.
Just sorting my classes out now that you have them on your blog.
Mary xxx

SmilynStef said...

Love how you flipped the sketch ... gorgeous card.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. Can you point me in the right direction for Beates Blog please

Rhonda Kelly said...

Your card is stunning Jen. You did a fabulous job on Beate's sketch. The colors are awesome and I love that stamp set! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Love how you flipped the sketch and made this gorgeous card that is NOT a Christmas card from that set.

Evelina Wikberg said...

OMG, that card is beautiful!

 
09 10