Wednesday 3 September 2008

Midweek Mini - True Friend

I don't know whether to be Happy or Sad today......Both Boys are back at School today! I miss them already but on the other hand the house is so peaceful, even Sid is sleeping! So I took a cup of coffee and opened up my Craft Room, I haven't been in there, what seems like ages:-(

Back to my Blog Posts then:-)

I used one of the *NEW* Stamp sets from the forth coming Stampin UP Fall/Winter Catalogue........TRUE FRIEND. Shall I start counting down the days until 1st October???????.....

For a very quick mini card I used the circle image in the set, which can be punched out using the 1 1/4 circle punch. I used Pumpkin Pie ink and a Pumpkin Pie button for the centre. I layered this onto some pumpkin pie, Rose Red and more Pumpkin Pie, which I used the scallop circle and the 1 3/8 circle punches. I embossed a piece of whisper white 6.9cm x 6.9cm with Swiss Dots leaving a space to stamp at the bottom with Thanks from Basic Phrases stamp set. Hope we get the Word Window Punch as these fit it perfectly! I used a hodgepodge ribbon holder for the top and finished it off with some Pumpkin Pie ribbon.
Just thought I would show you the other card I made at the same time. I used the flower and stem from the True Friend stamp set and words. I used a whipser white note card, which are in the catalogue and they come with envelopes, haven't used a white base card for ages! I added some Rose Red designer paper at the bottom. I cut out some circles with my nesties and stamp the whole flower in Old Olive first. Then I stamp it again in Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red cutting out the different parts to pop the flower up. I add a rhinestone brad to the centre after putting the layers together. I used my SU Markers to colour the sentiment in the different colours and stamped it onto whisper white. After putting it all together I decided to pop the leaves up as well.
These are the layers of the flower.
All these stamps are the True Friend Stamp Set....

I've done the Tutorial for tomorrow so check back in the morning for that,

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

5 comments:

Jane said...

Those are lvoely, wish mine would hurry up and arrive, can't wait to have a play :) Thank you for more beautiful inspiration.

Bunny B said...

Gorgeous card! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - yet again! Have missed your gorgeous creations while you have been away!

Cant wait now until October...

Pat S. said...

I love the colors you used...
this is my favorite new stamp set. I saved your card as an example...it's great!

craftsbyjodi said...

I love the way you have done this!!! I think I need to invest in some SU markers!!

 
09 10