Tuesday 11 March 2008

A Touch of Nature......


This is not what I was meant to be up today!
Another Z-Card, using The Touch of Nature Stampset, with Rose Red base cardstock, Regal Rose, Old Olive and Whisper White.
I used my old faithful, Scallop Circle Punch to hold it back. I stamped the leaf in Old Olive on the Whisper White, which is 6.5cm x 6.5cm. Then I stamped the sentiment from Sincere Salutations stampset in Rose Red. I stamped the butterfly using Black Stazon and coloured it in with my SU Markers.....MMM! Added some Dazzling Diamonds with a quickie glue pen. The paper is the Rose Red Designer Paper. The ribbon is Regal Rose 5/8 Grosgrain Ribbon. I stamped the flower in Regal Rose on whisper white and coloured it in with the SU Markers, I added a Jumbo Eyelet using the Crop a dile and added a rhinestone to the centre to complete......
A Shadow Box Card.....
This is so very easy to make and it folds flat to put into a normal envelope.
I used Close to Cocoa for the base, stamped it with Canvas Background in the same ink.
The size of the Cardstock is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".
Score at 1/2" & 1" at both ends.
I stamped the trees on whisper white in Old Olive ink and went over the image with SU Pastels, Not quite navy, old olive. Then I punched a hole in some spare card and used the Summer Sun Pastel through the hole for the Sun.
I used the SU cutter to cut the aperture in the front and went all around it with the distress tool in the Cutter Kit. I added a seperate piece of cardstock that I stamped with the sentiment with Chocolate Chip and tape it to the behind of the aperture. I added some vintage brads in each corner.
This is what it looks like laying down.
I added some eyelets and some Linen Thread down each side to finish it off.
Do you think this is a Male Card?????


Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

7 comments:

Sonya said...

Oooh I love your Shadow Box card..how does it fold down flat to mail?? I've always wanted to make one but didnt think I could mail it. It could be a male card for sure. Love the first card too!!

Jo said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jen...I just adore your work!

Anonymous said...

Super colours on Z card, like the idea of the silk flower on the punched shape to hold it. Shadow box card is certainly male orientated. Peta

Amanda said...

Love the box card, I definately need Lovely as a tree set.........please consider the idea stolen x

Tee said...

I love the shadow box card...its fabulous..love the softness of the pastels..supah!!

Awesome!
Tejal

Tee said...

Oh yeah! it definitely qualifies for a masculine card!
Hugs!
Tejal

Joani McDonald said...

Oh so cool! I love all your creations!!
Hugs,
Joani

 
09 10