Monday 22 October 2007

Simply Said.......

Sorry for not showing any cards since Friday, but we had a weekend away as its half term here....

We went to Kent to visit some Castles. First we went to Leeds Castle which was absolutely amazing. It had huge grounds with the most beautiful trees and little brooks, the autumn colours were lovely. The castle was surrounded by a moat and the reflection of the castle in the water went on and on. Inside the castle every room was well stocked, more like a mansion home. The bathrooms were all marble and the last owner a beautiful lady still had all her evening gowns from the 20's out for all to see. Her shoe cupboard were full and they had jewels and ribbon on them, just beautiful, she had such a tiny waist and feet!! There was an old kidney dressing table there and it brought back memories of my childhood as I had one of those with the beautiful mirrors.

The other castle was Bodiam Castle, which was a shell, just amazing and the boys (and me!) loved climbing up and down all the stone steps and in the small door ways. Yesterday we went to IKEA!! I love that place, one of everything please! Hee He. Their storage solutions are great. I got 2 rails for my stampin up punches, these fit 7 on them, should do for now!

Anyway back to these cards, Mary lent me the Simply Said set as I think this will be in the UK catalogue. The first card, I used Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Groovy Guava card stock and inks. I stamped all over the blue bayou card with the Linen background stamp and used the ticket corner punch. I stamped the white card with soft sky and the linen stamp in soft sky then stamped the flowers over the top in groovy guava. I used the slit punch to hold this and added some groovy guava behind which I pricked down the right hand side. I added one of the metal ringed circles and layered a punched out circle and used the seeing spots set for the words and the flower. Added some ribbon and that card was done...


This one I can't make my mind up about, its missing some ribbon I think?

The cardstock is purely pomergranate and groovy guava. I stamped the groovy guava in purely pomergranate using the Tres Chic background stamp and finished the corners off with the tag corner punch. The scalloped circles are 3" and 2" ones and the groovy guava circle is 2.5" and stamped with the linen stamp. The hearts are in the Simply Said stamp set and also the little flower on the right.

I hope to get in the craft room today, but its half term and the boys need my help with some school projects. One has a project to make a Tudor House, I want to make this!! Can you tell I just love HISTORY!!

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-) xx

3 comments:

Mary said...

Loved the first card. I would never think of putting the layering to one side and doing some pricking to finish off. The second card - I know what you mean and some ribbon might make a difference but it may spoil the lovely look????
Mary xx

Courtney said...

Wow. I wish I had castles to visit nearby. I guess I'll just dream :) Beautiful cards! Very classy. I love the color combo's. Yes, a little ribbon might help the second one but I think it is great like it is! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

great cards, very inspiring.

would you please tell me where you got your 2.5 circle punch from as I'm unable to find one locally. Thanks

 
09 10