Thursday 4 October 2007

Season of Joy - Joy Card.....

I made this card yesterday for the girls to make.

Its a sort of Joy card and then again the little piece on the front could be a diddie card!!!


The base card is ribbed navy from the papermill. I used my snowflake embossing folder on white card and the tag corner punch for the corners.

The diddie card is a piece of blue cardstock from the papermill 8cm x 16cm folded in half. The strip of paper is from a dovecraft 6 x 6 pad from the range. This size of paper has much smaller patterns and are better for cardmarking than the 12 x 12 size packs.

I stamped the word stamp from the season of joy set with versamark and detail silver embossing powder. I added a silver brad to the centre of the tiny snowflake and then layered it onto some silver mirror card and more navy.


I used the 1 1/2 circle punch for the silver circle, the 1 3/8 for the white circle and then the 1 1/4 circle for the embossed image of the snowflake. I added a foam pad to the right hand side of the circle and postioned it on the front so you can open the Joy card, revealing the inside of the card!!!........



Inside I stamped the swirl and tiny flower in Blue Bayou and the Merry Christmas stamp.


I bend back the front of the diddie card to round it then it sticks up a bit so you can open it easier.

I hope to finish the card I started at craft club today so I will post that.

Have a good day,
Jenny:-) xx

3 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

This is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

what a clever idea to make a little card on the front. this is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Very cool card. I love the little card on the front.

 
09 10